Where can Asbestos be Found?
It has been used in over 3,000 different products
Asbestos is commonly used as an acoustic insulator, thermal insulation, fire proofing and in other building materials. Many products are in use today that contain asbestos. It is made up of microscopic bundles of fibers that may become airborne when asbestos-containing materials are damaged or disturbed. The three categories of Asbestos-Containing Materials (ACM) are:
- Thermal System Insulation (TSI) - This is an insulation used to restrain heat transfer or prevent condensation. TSI is found on Pipe Insulation, Boiler Insulation, Duct Insulation, and Gaskets.
- Surfacing Materials - ACM that is sprayed or troweled on surfaces for acoustical, decorative, or fireproofing purposes. Surface materials can be found on Ceilings, Plaster, Stucco, and Terrazo.
- Miscellaneous Materials - Non-friable products and materials. Such as Floor Tile, Ceiling Tile, Transite Board, Exterior House Siding, & Roofing Felt, are just a few products that contain asbestos.
ASBESTOS is the name given to a number of naturally occurring, fibrous silicate minerals mined for their useful properties such as thermal insulation, chemical and thermal stability, and high tensile strength. Due to its ability to produce serious health issues, if you have any reason to believe that your property has any asbestos containing materials in a deteriorating state, or if you plan on removing asbestos from an area, it is imperative that you contact an experienced and certified asbestos contractor today! We offer FREE estimates statewide so call Asbestos & Lead Abatement of Michigan LLC today.
What are the Health Effects of Asbestos?
When asbestos fibers get into the air they may be inhaled into the lungs, where they can cause significant health problems and lung cancer. It is one of the leading causes of airborne illnesses in residential, commercial and industrial buildings nationwide. Inhalation of all types of asbestos fibers are associated with three main health disorders and have a 20-40 year latency period:
- Asbestosis - A restrictive lung disease that is caused by the scarring of the lungs.
- Cancer of the Esophagus, Colon & Pancreas.
- Mesothelioma - Cancer of the Stomach
Asbestos Services Offered
- A licensed contractor will meet at the property location.
- Conduct a walkthrough to locate asbestos.
- Quantify area(s) where material is present.
- Take samples if needed and have them analyzed.
- Generate a course of action and recommendations.
- Furnish a job proposal with a course of action.
The Abatement/Removal Process
A.L.A.M. Inc. supplies licensed supervisors and workers to remove all asbestos containing materials from your property. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and set up work zone.
- Shut down the HVAC system and cover all ducts and vents.
- Set up a 3-stage decontamination unit - if required.
- Utilize a negative-air pressure system with a HEPA filter to distribute clean air.
- Use wet removal techniques inside containment to prohibit spreading contaminates.
- Conduct final air clearance read by a 3rd. party following abatement if required.
- Clean work area from abatement activities and demobilize when work is complete.